Copper Coast Geopark Ambassadors are tourism businesses, Individuals and operators that are passionate about the Geopark. They will help you to get beneath the skin of the Geopark by steering you towards places where you can explore, understand and enjoy it.
What is a Copper Coast Geopark Ambassador?
A Copper Coast Geopark Ambassador is a person/business who has been accredited by the Copper Coast Geopark as having advanced knowledge of the Copper Coast area of Waterford, Geotourism/Geoparks and the principles of sustainable tourism.
Every ambassador has attended and completed 2 day Copper Coast Geopark ambassador course to become a Copper Coast Geopark ambassador. Ambassador status lasts for two years before another course must be attended, those who have completed this course are listed below.
- Dermot Blount, Tramore Bike Tours
- Denise Murphy, Excursions Ireland
- Pattie Hall, Excursions Ireland
- Serenella Capelli, Copper Coast Cafe
- Billy Crowley, Copper Coast Geopark
- Michael O Meara, Copper Coast Holidays
- Orlaith Hamersly, Hamersly Art
- Peter Atkins, Standing Stones
- Phil Brennan, Waterford Camino Tours
- Elaine Brennan, Waterford Camino Tours
- Marie Power, The Sea Gardener
- June James, Woodhouse Estate
- Garvin Cummins, The Greenway Man
- Bill Sheppard, Trails Creative
- Alan Walshe, Freelance Eco Guide
- Frank O Connell, Christ Church Cathedral
- Tadgh Buckley, Bunmahon Surf School
- Helen Kavanagh, Dunhill Multi Education Centre
- Sean Corcoran, The Art Hand
Do you want to join us?
For information on the Geopark ambassador program and upcoming courses, please contact Copper Coast Geopark for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note that whilst part of the Geopark Ambassadors’ role is to promote the understanding and enjoyment of the Copper Coast UNESCO Global Geopark, they are not contracted to do so by the Copper Coast Geopark Ltd nor by the management of Copper Coast UNESCO Global Geopark and, neither do their views necessarily represent or reflect those of the Copper Coast UNESCO Global Geopark.