COPPER COAST GEOPARK
A UNESCO Global Geopark
A project part funded by the INTERREG Atlantic Area,
TITLE : ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
CONTRACT TYPE : Part time, 10 hours per week, fixed term October 2017 – October 2018, at a rate of €12/hour gross or €5,096 per annum gross. Some evening and/or weekend work may be necessary.
PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT : Bunmahon Co.Waterford
The ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT will provide administrative support to the Atlantic Geoparks Project Coordinator and to nominees of the Board of Copper Coast Geopark, including, but not limited to project file management, book keeping support and training course coordination.
The assistant will be responsible for providing the following services and duties in support of the project and its staff throughout its lifetime, and others as may be requested, including the following:
- Maintain project files and archives.
- Process incoming and outgoing post as necessary.
- Deal with central mail, email and telephone enquiries.
BOOK KEEPING SUPPORT
- Maintain accurate and up to date project finance records.
- Prepare sales invoices, work in progress and assist with credit control.
- Process purchase invoices
SUPPORT TO PROJECT ACTIVITIES
- Assist with organising workshops, conferences, seminars and training events as and when necessary.
- Make project related travel, hotel, meeting and logistical arrangements.
- Meet and greet project participants and stakeholders.
- Maintain an up to date calendar of events, meetings and other project related activities
- Assist with preparation and production of project reports.
- Be able to act as Health and Safety officer.
Skills and Experience Required
- Book keeping skills.
- Good inter-personal skills
- An understanding of and experience in working with the community sector
- Office management experience.
- Proficiency in administrative skills, database and Microsoft Office
- Experience of events coordination and marketing.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements.
- Knowledge of INTERREG reporting requirements.
- Experience of working with local community.
Applicants should submit a CV and covering letter to:
Atlantic Geoparks Project
Copper Coast Geopark
Applications should be submitted no later than 1.00pm on 6th October, 2017. All should be lodged in envelopes clearly marked “Atlantic Geoparks Assistant”.
Copper Coast Geopark is an Equal Opportunities Employer